May 27, 2022
"Lando's Closet" is the horniest cue on the Solo soundtrack,
Y/N? Crystal Beth joins me today for a discussion about minutes
66-70 of Solo: A Star Wars Story!
- 00:00 - Hello there!
- 02:32 - Cue naming conventions.
- 10:02 - Secrets theme 6x buildup.
- 12:43 - Horniness of this cue. Roller coaster.
- 14:38 - Narrating the roller coaster of the full cue.
- 17:16 - Buzzkill version in the film.
- 22:25 - Wanting to be sold on Han + Qi'ra's passion. Why this
scene perhaps doesn't feel "true."
- 25:34 - Why it's harder to talk about music than other aspects
- 32:02 - Xanthe's mic goes AWOL... back at 32:18.
- 39:07 - Thoughts about musical fan service, appreciating the
- 42:54 - Too soon for a Han movie? Desensitization.
- 50:08 - Fav Star Wars books?
- 53:30 - Comedian's perspective on L3-37 vs. K2SO vs. Peli Motto
vs. Poe. Dryness, grounded-ness, casualness, improvisation.
- 59:15 - Crew of Solos?
- 1:02:01 - The "business" of a scene (in relation to L3 and
Qi'ra's private chat).
- 1:12:15 - Rundown of musical themes and soundtrack titles from
- 1:13:26 - SWMM Questionnaire
Things to Check Out:
- 4. Han & Q'ira
- 3. Secrets
- 2. Rebel Fanfare
- 1. Young Han Solo (Heroic, comp. JW)
Where are we in the soundtrack(s)?:
- "Lando's Closet" or "Lando's Closet (4M28)"
- "Trust No One (4M29)"
- This also shows up in the Shazam test: "Super Extra Deluxe End
Credits Suite (7MEC)"
STAR WARS MUSIC MINUTE QUESTIONNAIRE:
1. In exactly 3 words, what does Star Wars sound like?
- Home. Excited. Adventure.
2. What's something related to Star Wars music or sound that you
want to learn more about?
3. What's a score or soundtrack you're fond of besides anything
- Contact (composed by Alan Silvestri)
Guest: Crystal Beth
Want to support the show and join our Discord server? Consider
becoming a patron! https://patreon.com/chrysanthetan
Leave a voice message, and I might play it on the show...
Where else to find SWMM: