Feb 8, 2021
Erika Duke-Kirkpatrick (cellist on The
Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, and The Rise of
Skywalker) joins Chrysanthe in covering minutes 1-5 of
Star Wars Episode 8: The Last Jedi.
Film action: Lucasfilm logo, opening crawl, Hux
being tooled with, and Poe starting to attack the Dreadnought.
- Erika busts some John Williams myths.
- John Williams' conducting style.
- What recording sessions were like (secrecy, VIPs, funny
moments, how they differed from other scoring sessions).
- Why the opening crawl Main Titles sound different across eras
(from tuning to mixing and more).
- Cello demonstration of the Main Title and a breakdown of the
- The resonance of certain keys for string instruments.
- How the motion picture lines up with the soundtrack.