Nov 1, 2021
- 0:00:00 - Introduction
- 0:03:45 - Start talking about the minutes
- 0:06:15 - Is scoring done chronologically?
- 0:10:43 - First instance of the Force theme, but some notes are
- 0:11:52 - Discussion on score vs. lore
- 0:15:27 - Our introduction to C-3PO, R2-D2, and their
- 0:18:03 - Underscore and the relative softness of the music in
- 0:22:00 - Darth Vader without the Imperial March
- 0:33:12 - Seamless transitions in and out of music, like an
airport conveyer belt
- 0:35:00 - How this choreography and set feels like a black box
- 0:40:24 - The first stun gun moment in Star Wars
- 0:41:28 - How does loud, prominent music make us feel as
opposed to softer or background music?
- 0:46:30 - Launching from the escape pod, and the music says
"this is where it all begins"
- 0:48:30 - Star Wars through Threepio's eyes
- 0:53:50 - The cadence of James Earl Jones's voice
- 0:56:30 - pressurized doors in Star Wars
- 0:59:30 - The desolate soundscape of Tatooine
- 1:07:10 - What is music?
- 1:10:12 - SWMM questionnaire
- 1:18:15 - Goodbyes
- 4. Leia
- 5. Death Star
- 6a. Imperials (Motif)
- 6b. Imperials (Ostinato)
- 6) Planetary Descent Figure
- Set Piece Motif: Escape Hatch
MUSIC MINUTE QUESTIONNAIRE:
1. In exactly 3 words, what does Star Wars sound
2. What's something related to Star Wars music or sound
that you want to learn more about?
3. What's a score or soundtrack you're fond of besides
anything Star Wars?
- The Last Samurai (composed by Hans Zimmer)
Follow Element7 (Pep)!
Star Wars Music Minute: