Jan 17, 2022
- 0:00:00 - Hello there!
- 0:03:22 - Listening to the opening clip
- 0:07:25 - Interactions with non-humans (wookiee, droid)
- 0:13:51 - Generic sci fi synth sounds vs. Star Wars
- 0:16:05 - Dejarik sound design (it's Ben Burtt making
- 0:23:10 - Chewbacca love fest, how to interpret his language,
subtitles vs no subtitles, Chewie sound design
- 0:29:27 - Foreshadowing human vs. computer chess
- 0:35:45 - Artoo's dome rotation, underrated sound
- 0:41:03 - Lack of music brings a gravitas to the scene
- 0:51:35 - Analyzing Threepio's character
- 1:03:03 - Han Solo as a useful foil, vocalizes the audience's
- 1:12:16 - Listening to the Death Star conference room
- 1:16:20 - Darth Vader is a human with machine qualities; droids
are machines with human qualities.
- 1:19:02 - The Empire is all about control, living in space,
manufactured environments, ration bars, etc. Remember those dorm
room designs from hell that made the news?
- 1:24:20 - Hilarious asteroid sounds (are they corny?)
- 1:33:37 - TIE fighter sound design
- 1:39:02 - "That's no moon..." dum dum duuum
- 1:46:01 - SWMM Questionnaire
Soundtrack: "Inner City"
MUSIC MINUTE QUESTIONNAIRE:
1. In exactly 3 words, what does Star Wars sound
- Moe: Analog but magical
- Gus: Beepbeep! (R2). Kshh-Paaa (Vader breathing).
- Nani: James Earl Jones
2. What's something related to Star Wars music or sound
that you want to learn more about?
- Moe: Max Rebo's Band
- Gus: How all the sounds (especially from the original trilogy)
- Nani: The thought process, methods, and approaches to scoring
new Star Wars media in the post-John Williams era.
3. What's a score or soundtrack you're fond of besides
anything Star Wars?
- Moe: JoJo's Bizarre Adventure (composed by Yugo Kanno)
- Gus: Hook (composed by John Williams) and Fellowship of the
Rings (composed by Howard Shore)
- Nani: Atonement (composed Dario Marianelli)
Triad of the Force:
Star Wars Music Minute: