Jul 30, 2021
Luke and Leia reunite, and their musical themes pull at our
heartstrings. Camila, also known as BoricuaWookiee, is here with me
to navigate through these emotional minutes (126-130) of The Last
- Is Finn's impending sacrifice selfish? Thoughts on his role and
actions in the Resistance.
- Dies Irae when Finn is about to sacrifice himself.
- Leia's uncharacteristic loss of hope, which only Luke can
- The smooth progression of themes, from Force --> Luke &
Leia --> Han & Leia
- The melodic and harmonic connections between all of Leia's
- Is the beginning of the Star Wars Main Theme outlined at the
beginning of Luke & Leia's theme? (Both begin with a perfect
4th to perfect 5th)
- Does Leia know that Luke is a Force projection?
- How our Star Wars feelings/opinions are constantly adjusting
based on new information and more conversations.
- "Luke & Leia" reminiscent of "Make Our Garden Grow" from
Leonard Bernstein's Candide (operetta).
- Rose as a future Resistance leader.
- Leia, the bedrock of Star Wars. The rock of the Rebellion. The
rock of the Skywalker family.
- The repetitive F minor chord that makes us feel like we're
waiting for something to happen.
Themes Referenced (in order of appearance):
- 13) Dies Irae
- 55a. Rose (A Section) in Db
- 3. Force in Em
- 21. Luke & Leia in E
- 11a. Han & Leia (A Section) in F
- 103) Luke's Last Stand in Fm
Where we are in the soundtrack: "Battle of
Crait" and "The Spark"
Connect with Star Wars Music Minute:
Want more? Check out Chrysanthe's Patreon for
weekly practice/composing/music analysis livestreams.